FrostReaver.net Forums

To register, please send an email to admin@frostreaver.net

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AVP Board/Skirmish game  (Read 586 times)

paulbenner

AVP Board/Skirmish game
« on: November 13, 2013, 10:53:17 AM »

Hi guys,

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game

I've always been a massive fan of the AVP franchise.  Comics, Movies, Anything and Everything.  Even when they can't tell a great story, I love seeing the new things. 

I've been wanting to move into smaller scale gaming for a good while now, and I believe that this may be the skirmish game I land on.  I'm hearing that the system is based on the Warzone gaming system that the Prodos miniatures puts out.  While these miniatures are no cheaper than anything else on the market, the quality looks exceptional.  They've also made it clear that we'll see new variations on the models, different ideas, and it looks like they're taking source material from across the entire concept. 

The buy-in is expensive, at $120 for the game through KS with very few add-ons, it's hard to justify the cost, but it comes with everything you need to play.  The add-ons look great, and if I could find someone else interested in going this route, I would want to  do my own buy-in, and split apart a second starter set for the additional models and tiles. 

Anyone interested let me know.  It has a couple weeks to go.  Won't launch till late spring, but this should be great.

Paul