FrostReaver.net Forums

To register, please send an email to admin@frostreaver.net

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shas_Sam Players Log 2015  (Read 595 times)

Shas_Sam

Shas_Sam Players Log 2015
« on: January 28, 2015, 10:29:28 AM »

2015:
Necron Army : 1/0/1
Tau/Eldar Army : 0/2/0
Tyranid Army : 0/0

Got my first game in for 2015. Played 2500 pts Tau with Eldar allies against Nurgle Chaos marines. (the 6)
Relic
Deployment went well and I responded appropriately to tactics used by my opponent. Turn 5, he made it into my 'gooey center' of fire warriors and my army quickly collapsed but not before dropping Typhous and a horde of his Chaos Termie buddies... the pain of it all!!!

Game ended bottom T5 with Chaos taking the W. But he paid for every inch in Nurgle blood.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:03:27 AM by Shas_Sam »

bobtheevilguy

• Captain Meltabomb!
Re: Shas_Sam Players Log 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 10:59:09 AM »

Lol, fear the six  :)

That was a fun game.
"The blood on my hands is but merely proof of my ambition."--Kaervek

FRAG Lawrence Council Member

Shas_Sam

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:53:49 PM »

2nd game in against DE with Eldar Ally against my Tau/Eldar.

Had a bitter fight against the DE. It's been a while since I played the DE and it took me too many rounds to recall the softish belly of the DE army. In the meantime I dropped the DE HQ squad in 1 round and put the hurt on a couple of other units. Poison hurts...

Shas_Sam

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »

New Necron toe to toe @ 2500.

Had a drag out fight 'Cron vs 'Cron. Great game with some solid moments on both sides.
My opponent was trying a C'tan list with the praetorian formation and a single unit with 2 Stalkers. Played Emperors Will with Short board deployment. My list had a CAD AV13 core, 2 Monolith, & 2 Canoptek Harvest Formations. Started 1 Monolith on the field as cover for one of my pincers and it put some licks in before getting glanced to death by Gauss. The dice were against both of us. I lost a Monolith to Deep Strike Mishap and his Monolith mishaped into my clutches so started in the far corner of the table... 36" from the nearest enemy. The strategy was double flank with a core of gauss that would tear through vehicles. All in all the strategy was successful. We finished with me ahead and closing in on some of his backfield units. The C'tan... are less than impressive and too random with their powers. Yes, they are tough but the unpredictable nature of their powers leave too much to chance and can be very inappropriate to the fight and for the points there may be other better units in the codex.

Take-aways:
Stalkers didn't get a nerf at all. Their buff bubble even at 6" is impressive when modifying other units.
Wraiths going at initiative 5 is very, very nasty. Tying in reanimation protocol Wraiths are bordering on vulgar.
keeping the Spyder up with the Formation keeps the formation balanced and running a unit versus just one also are well balanced for the Formation. 
C'tan may not be worth their points.

Shas_Sam

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 09:11:10 AM »

Necron v DE @ 2500

Played a dmn fine game last night against a DE list with a Eldar ally. The game was a drag out punch fest. My dice were on fire and his were rolling closer to the statistical norm. End of 6 rounds it was played out to a tie with smoking heaps of wreckage, tormented metal bodies and torn flesh everywhere. A Talos brood owned 25% of the table taking a solid 40% of my 'crons out. My MVP units were the Harvest formations that added the teeth to a tough army.

Lessons Learned:
Talos are to be respected and killed on sight. ;)
DE poison still bites.
My list is solid.